Search This Blog

Monday 3 March 2014

Some experiments

It has been a quiet sunny Monday, just me my hook and an urge to try some new things.

I bought this book recently, along with a few others and I have been itching to try some of the patterns in it.


Alas, I have nothing that actually needs a pretty frilly border at the moment but I wasn't going to let that stop me. So I set about hooking some foundation rows together so I would have a base to start from. 

With over a hundred patterns to choose from I literally flicked through with my eyes closed and stopped in a random place and that was my first one to try.


Well that was fun! So next.


I really like this one, perhaps could have done with some better blocking, I just gave it a light steam and tweaked the picot points a bit.


 And number three.

I do like days like today where I can make things that aren't of any use, just fun to create and pretty to look at. 

 
It seems a shame to chuck these away so I might frill-up some flower pots or button jars.

Time to decide what to make next :)



No comments:

Post a Comment