Search This Blog

Tuesday 22 April 2014

Endless ends

I think the joy of finishing crocheting a big project is always spoilt by the task of sewing up. I had good intentions of sorting out the ends for my granny blanket as I went along but it didn't happen, of course. So I am left with this, every single one of these needs to be sewn in. Great.

 But as with most things, actually doing it won't be as bad as the thought of doing it, I hope.

I have decided to edge the top and bottom of the blanket with little granny squares. If I have done my sums right, that should be 15 squares at each end, IF I have done my sums right.

It should look quite effective I think. I am then going to finish the lot with some sort of border, still not decided which one yet but I have lots of ideas.

In the mean time I am back to sewing in the endless ends and hooking up more little squares. I am really enjoying that bit as I sit on my sofa watching the rain come down outside, it has turned really chilly out there and this blanket is already keeping me warm and cosy.


1 comment:

  1. Love the colours....hope the endless ends don't take too long. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete