Search This Blog

Thursday 1 May 2014

Brightening up

Lots on the go this week, of course there is my blanket which I wanted to have all finished to show you but I am sulking with it and haven't touched it since Monday. My edging has gone a bit curly and although I could live with it (it's really not that bad) after all the effort and time I have spent on it I want it to be as perfect as I can get it so I am building up the courage to rip the edging back and start again. That's about six hours of crocheting wasted as I have already frogged the edging two or three times trying to get it perfect. I have been adjusting as I go and it isn't working, time to have a rethink and start from scratch. A job for this weekend maybe.

So In the mean time I have been making something else. Unfortunately I can't show you that either as it is a present for a dear friend and I don't want to spoil the surprise! I can show you these...

And these...

but that's it until next week. It is my own pattern and I might write it up (if I can remember how I did it) but I can say I am in love with it! It is so very sweet :)


It's been a strange week with the weather, it started off lovely and sunny but today is so dark and damp it feels like the middle of winter not the first of May. I actually quite like days like today though, all warm and cosy indoors watching the rain come down outside. 

My dear husband bought me two lovely bunches of flowers this week, some red carnations and irises:

I really love irises, I made one a while ago. They are brightening up the room while I sit with lots of tea and rubbish on the TV hooking up more little flowers.
Hope you find something to brighten up your day too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment