Search This Blog

Sunday 20 July 2014

Workshopping

Yesterday was my first time teaching a workshop and I am pleased to say it went very well indeed! 

The workshop was in the wool shop where I go to a weekly Knit and Natter group. It's a lovely little shop, full of pretty yarn, buttons, farbic, beads and things. if you are ever in the Castleford area do pop in to SewSusieBloom! 

I had been a bit nervous about the workshop, it being my first time and I was to be teaching Tunisian Entrelac of all things! When I got there the lovely shop owner Sue, had laid out all the yarn for the group to work with and it was looking extremely pretty.
I do love to see yarn laid out like this, you might remember my own little yarn ritual that I do when I get new stuff, I lay it out just like this. I find it so inspirational and as soon as I looked at it I started to get new ideas of things to make - I am easily sidetracked!

If I want a cheap acrylic yarn I usually use Stylecraft special DK, mainly because that's what I bought first so I can just top it up with a few balls every now and then. This is Hayfield Bonus DK and I found it very nice to work with. It is a touch thicker than Stylecraft and I was surprised by how many colours it comes in. Thinking about it, I am pretty sure I used this yarn to make my circle-square cushion.


So I had all my notes and patterns printed, which was an achievement in itself after spending most of Friday cursing the printer and messing about with new cartridges, I started to feel like I was back at work doing 'admin' with my dining table (usually covered in wooly things) covered in paperwork to collate.

The ladies arrived around 10 O'clock and we soon got down to business. 

With plenty of tea, coffee and cake to fuel the day the time just flew by, with lots of very good hooky and laughter. The end result being that everyone managed to do some wonderful Entrelac work, I am so proud of how well they all did! 
I really enjoyed the day and I'm looking forward to the next workshop!

In the mean time it is nice to be able to put down the Tunisian crochet for a while and get on with something different. I just have a couple of rows and a fair bit of sewing up to do on my hearts cushion and then I can start something new. I'm not sure exactly what that will be yet, lots of ideas I just need to pick one and get started. :)


XXX

Edit: I forgot to say a BIG thank you to Sue for being a wonderful hostess and for all the ladies that came along to take part - thank you too XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment