Search This Blog

Saturday 31 January 2015

A month old

This weekend is going much better than last, I am over the cold and enjoying having a day pottering around the house and crocheting. In a small attempt at feeling a bit more spring like I treated myself to a little bunch of flowers, I so love tulips and they make me smile every time I look at them.
As it is very nearly February (how did that happen?) it occured to me that my ripple blanket is a month old! It isn't finished yet, I'm not sure how much more I need to do on it as I haven't measured it or laid it out for ages. So I laid it out on the bed to see how it was coming along.
I'm surprised by how big it has got! I think it's about two thirds of the way there, then a good, thick border too. I doubt I will have enough yarn but still got enough to keep me going for now. 

Ripple progress has slowed down a little bit over the last week or so as I have been carrying on making some flowers for my picture.
I like all of these flowers and I am enjoying using this cotton but I really need more, especially greens so I put an order in yesterday and got myself a few more colours... which have just turned up as I wrote that last sentence, woophappyyarndeliveryjig! 
 Perfect!
That's me set for the afternoon then, I can't wait to get my hook on that pistachio and the red. This is going to take a while to finish as I have a LOT of flowers and leaves to make but it's great fun :)

XXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment