Search This Blog

Monday 19 January 2015

An Idea

I finally took a break from blanketeering this weekend (it's coming on a treat!) and made a start on a new idea that is still very much a work-in-progress but I wanted to share it with you anyway because I am very excited about it!

I've mentioned before that I cannot draw, or paint, in fact my pen and paper artistic skills are pretty much limited to colouring in and stick men. I do so love making pictures with crochet though

or my beach hut picture
or my embroidery hoop posy.
I have lots of ideas of cushions with pictures on and they seem to be quite 'on-trend' at the moment but I really cannot find room for any more cushions in my house at present, I have so many all ready. The idea that has been buzzing around my mind for a while now is to make a big picture, along the lines of my hoop posy but bigger! So yesterday I went out and got myself a cheapy stretched canvas to have a play around with. 
I hunted out some ready made flowers, meant for something, I can't quite remember what, and some leaves in various shades of green and started playing around with them on the canvas.

Ooh I do like that! The problem is that I have so many ideas of what I want to put on it, settling on one thing is going to be difficult. 
For a start I have decided that I don't want it to be too child like, I was thinking of something a little bit more sophisticated. And I don't know if I like these flowers for it, maybe they are a bit wooly? Should I perhaps make them in some finer cotton? And the colour scheme is a bit hap-hazard with these, not at all planned out, just thrown together with spare parts. 

So I am going to try and sort out some yarn and make lots of different things and see which I like best. After spending three weeks or so making a blanket it is so much fun to do something quite fiddly and a bit arty. I will of course keep you updated :)

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment